- What design elements make a photographic image compelling?
- How can one design an image specifically for a black and white medium?
- In the photographic darkroom, which negatives make the best fine prints? What are their specific qualities?
- Shoot 1 roll of film. Second roll may be given after the first is developed.
- Subject and location are up the the photographer, but the images should be visually compelling and use these four elements specifically: light, line, shadow and shape. Experiment, look for bold or subtle examples around you. See the slideshow, which you can download at the bottom of this post, for examples.
- make a contact sheet
- make at least five 5×7” prints.
- make one 11×14” print of your best image (your teacher will help you choose what to print)
Slideshow (shown in class):