- Look at photography books in the classroom. You can look at any of the photography books.
- Find books that are compelling, share with classmates, or ask your teacher for recommendations based on genre (type of photos). Explore a variety of photographers and image making techniques, based on student interest.
- Write a one paragraph review of each book with, highlighting one or more images that you found particularly compelling.
- Share your google document with your teacher.
- You will look at many images, but are required to write a review of three images of your choice, from three different books.
- Use your laptop while browsing books. A google doc has been provided to get you started on the Classroom post.
- Explore books. Take several off the shelf that interest you. Feel free to share with friends in the class (recommend books to each other).
- Review the book and photographer. For each image:
- Take note of the photographer and book title. Also, take note of the page number.
- What is happening in the image? What is the subject? What’s happening? Where are we? Where is the photographer in relation to the subject.
- What does the photo communicate to you? Meaning? Feeling? Mood?
- Is this the kind of photo you’d like to make? Or just appreciate? Describe.
- Plan to share your favorite images with the class.