Reflect on your work during the third quarter. Some students worked the whole quarter on one film–scripting, pre-producing, shooting, editing–while others produced several short pieces. You also collaborated on each other’s work, as actors, crew members, sound designers and co-directors/editors. Demonstrate through this reflection what you have learned from the process of making you film with a crew of your peers.
At least 3 sentences each answer:
- Write a twenty word or less synopsis of each of your films from this semester (you might use it later…)
- How do you feel about collaboration? Comment on your collaborations this semester, as well as past collaborations on films. Compare it to working on your own. What is challenging and what is rewarding about film collaborations?
- Who contributed to your production, and how? Give thanks to one of your collaborators (crew or cast members).
- Describe this quarter’s production process, step by step (what did you do in what order). Which steps were easy, and which were hard? What do you feel you planned well on this quarter’s production (something you did intentionally that is visible / audible in the final product)?
- Tell me a story from your shoot. Did anything happen on your production that was unexpected? Was it good or bad for your production?
- What would you do differently next time? What have you learned from making this film?
- At this point, what are your favorite kinds of films to make and why?
- Overall, how have you developed as a filmmaker since the beginning of the year? In terms of your ideas, understanding of film (referring to other films out there), use of technology, understanding of your audience, working with others?