- Look at photography books in the classroom. You can look at any of the photography books.
- Find books that are compelling, share with classmates, or ask your teacher for recommendations based on genre (type of photos). Explore a variety of photographers and image making techniques, based on student interest.
- Write a one paragraph review of each book with, highlighting one or more images that you found particularly compelling.
- Share your google document with your teacher.
- You will look at many images, but are required to write a review of three images of your choice, from four different books.
- Use your laptop while browsing books. A google doc has been provided to get you started on the Classroom post.
- Explore books. Take several off the shelf that interest you. Feel free to share with friends in the class (recommend books to each other).
- Review the book and photographer. For each image:
- Take note of the photographer. Also, take note of the page number if there is one.
- Why are you drawn to this photo (Like it, or can’t stop looking at it?)
- Who, what and where? (What is happening in the image? Who is the subject? Where are we? Also, where is the photographer in relation to the subject?)
- How does the photo speak to you? (Ideas? Emotions?)
- Think of one word that sums up this photo to you.
- Plan to share your favorite images with the class.